The New England Fools announce that they will hold a hands-on fireground operations training course, TugJake 2018.
The training session will be held in memory of former New England FOOLS vice president PJ Johnson, who died suddenly last year in a car accident.
Training will be held on June 9 & June 10 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Castles in Brentwood NH on Route 27 adjacent to the New England Dragway.
Instructors from New Jersey, FDNY, Boston, Worcester, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Hartford, Maine, Ohio, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Florida will come together to provide two days of hands-on fireground operations training including the following topics:
- My Rope is Your Rope: Personal Bailout Systems
- Forcible Entry: Solid Irons Work
- Vertical Ventilation: Flat and Peaked Roof Ops
- Street Smart Ladders for the Fireground
- Forcible Entry with Rotary Saws: Rollup Doors and Burglar Bars
- Mask Confidence: Finding Your Way Through Uncommon Obstacles
- Engine Operations 1.75: Maneuvering Heavy Clutter in Collyer’s Mansion Conditions
- Engine Operations 2.3: Stretching and Flowing the Big Line
The cost of the training is $150 for both days with lunch included. Proceeds from the training will benefit PJ’s kids as well as other children who have lost a parent.
Checks can be made payable to New England FOOLS Inc. and should be submitted to:
C/o New England FOOLS
P.O. Box 109
Georgetown, MA 01833